How to Watch CNN Without Cable in 2023
By: FlixableOctober 15, 2023
Watching CNN – the Cable News Network – without cable may sound like an oxymoron, and for a long time that wasn’t even possible. Today, watching CNN without cable isn’t an impossible dream anymore. On the contrary, it’s quite easy. Almost all you need is an internet connection and some kind of internet-connected device, like a TV, mobile phone, or computer. Read on to learn how to watch one of the nation’s most popular news channels over the internet.
How to Watch CNN Online Without Cable
Watching CNN without cable is possible via live TV streaming services. With them, you don’t have to commit to long-term contracts or schedule installation appointments anymore. You can subscribe to one for as long as you want – even for a single month. The process is simple: choose a service of your liking, subscribe, and press ‘play.’ Next, we’ll introduce all the live TV streaming services that carry CNN.
DIRECTV was once synonymous with satellite TV. However, that perception began to change with the introduction of DIRECTV NOW, which later rebranded as DIRECTV STREAM. DIRECTV STREAM is a live TV streaming service that offers packages ranging in size from more than 75 channels to more than 150. Luckily, CNN is included in all of them, and each package also comes with unlimited cloud DVR storage. Unlike cable or satellite TV but like other services discussed in this piece, watching CNN on DIRECTV STREAM doesn’t require a long-term commitment.TRY DIRECTV STREAM
Hulu + Live TV
With the likes of Amazon Prime Video and Netflix, Hulu was instrumental in launching the on-demand streaming service revolution. In 2016, Hulu announced its plan to begin offering “live programming from broadcast and cable brands” sometime in the following year. Hulu + Live TV is one of the best options for people wanting a mix of live TV and on-demand content, and it’s also one of the best options for watching CNN without cable. Hulu + Live TV includes unlimited cloud DVR storage, so that you can record and watch content at your leisure.TRY HULU + LIVE TV
Dish Network was ready when people, in ever-increasing numbers, started moving away from their cable and satellite subscriptions to watch content over the internet. It introduced Sling TV already in 2015 to address the need to watch channels like CNN without cable or satellite. You can watch CNN via Sling TV by choosing one of its base packages, Blue or Orange. Each of them is priced at $40 per month and comes with 50 hours of cloud DVR storage, with the option to purchase more.TRY SLING TV
CNN is also available via YouTube TV. Make no mistake, YouTube TV isn’t your regular YouTube, but Google’s live TV streaming service. It offers more than 100 channels as well as on-demand access to YouTube Premium’s original programming for $72.99 per month. Like DIRECTV STREAM and Hulu + Live TV, YouTube TV includes unlimited cloud DVR storage.TRY YOUTUBE TV FOR FREE
Can I Watch CNN on Apple TV, Fire TV, Google TV, or Roku?
Short answer: yes. All the live TV streaming services discussed above have apps for Apple TV, Fire TV, Google TV (including Chromecast), and Roku devices.
See below for a more detailed rundown of platform support.
What to Watch on CNN
Here’s a brief overview of some of Fox's standout shows:
- Anderson Cooper 360° – Hosted by Anderson Cooper, this news program delves into significant global events with a unique analytical lens.
- Erin Burnett OutFront – With Erin Burnett at the helm, this show provides an insightful perspective on the day’s significant stories, encouraging informed discussions.
- Inside Politics – Diving into the political sphere both domestically and globally, this program, hosted by seasoned journalists, scrutinizes the core issues defining the current political landscape.
- The Lead with Jake Tapper – A weekday show where Jake Tapper navigates through national and international news, presenting a clear breakdown of the day’s major stories.
- The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer – This evening news program, hosted by Wolf Blitzer, covers the day’s headlines and breaking news, offering a detailed exploration of the issues.